Department of Mechanical Engineering
Joined: 24 April, 2003
Dean’s Scholarship, 2012, 2013 and 2014
University of Guelph
Outstanding academic performance at PhD level
Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research Graduate Research Award - 2009 Spring/Summer (University of Regina)
Graduate studies (Masters)
For 1st Class 3rd position in the 1st year, 2nd year, 3rd year and 4th year B.Sc. engineering final examination.
· 10+ years’ experience in hydrocarbon conversion
· Extensive knowledge in surface and bulk characterization techniques and analyzing nanostructured materials.
· Extensive knowledge on catalysts preparation and characterization.
· Hands on experience in various characterization techniques: XRD, TOC, SEM-EDX, TGA-DSC/DTA, XPS, TEM, TPR/TPO, FTiR, physisorption and chemisorption methods.
· Expertise on ultimate (elemental, C, H, N, S, O) and proximate analysis (moisture content, ash content, volatile matter and fixed carbon) of various hydrocarbons.
· Analytical techniques: GC, GC/MS.
· Operation of bench scale supercritical water gasification (SCWG) reactor, packed bed tubular reactors (PBTR), high pressure reactors, pilot scale reactors, and pilot scale fluidized bed gasifier.
· Extensive knowledge of Water Gas Shift (WGS) Reaction; CO2 Reforming, Steam Reforming, Partial Oxidation, Auto Thermal Reforming reactions for H2 Production.
· Studied Pyrolysis of Flax Straw and other Biomass feedstocks for bio-oil and char production.
· Studied CO2 capture using biochar.
· Excellent technical writing and communication skills.
Tushar, M. S. H. K., Dutta, A., Xu, C. C. (2016). Catalytic supercritical
gasification of biocrude from hydrothermal liquefaction of cattle manure. Applied Catalysis B: Environmental, 189;
Tushar, M. S. H. K., Dutta, A., Xu, C. (2014) Effects of reactor
types, operating conditions and challenges for SCWG of real wet biomass. In: Near-critical and Supercritical Water and
Their Applications for Biorefineries. Eds. Z. Fang and C. Xu. Springer-Verlag, Heidelberg, pp. 207-228.
|Professor||01 December, 2018|
|Associate Professor||30 April, 2017|
|Assistant Professor||24 April, 2003|