The department won a total of USD 7, 00,000.00 for improving postgraduate research facilities and producing quality postgraduates form the “Higher Education Quality Enhancement Project (HEQEP)” funded by World Bank and Government of Bangladesh during the period of 2014 – 2017.
List of ongoing research project in this department:
"Development of Teaching Learning Facilities for Undergraduate & Master’s Program in Mechanical Engineering Department at Rajshahi University of Engineering and Technology (RUET) "
CP No: 3609
Implementation Period: 02 Years 6 Months
- Commencement: 1st July, 2014
- Completion: 31th March, 2017
General Objectives of the Sub-project
The major objectives that are aimed to be achieved:
- Modernizing and digitalization of all course materials, curriculums, lecture materials, lecture plans and laboratory manuals for both undergraduate and master’s program in Mechanical Engineering Department
- Establishment of E-library and an Information Technology Centre (ITC) with all teaching-learning facilities.
- Establishment a well-equipped seminar room with all sorts of amenities for both undergraduate and master’s programs.
- Improvement of class room and laboratory facilities by modern and contemporary equipment’s