- For admission to the postgraduate courses offered by the department of Mechanical engineering, a candidate must have a minimum GPA of 4.0 in the scale of 5.0 or its equivalent in the pre-university examinations.
- For admission to the courses leading to the award of the Degree of M. Sc. Engg./ M. Engg., a candidate must have a B. Sc. Engg. or an equivalent degree from any recognized University/ Institute in the relevant/ related field with a minimum CGPA of 3.0 in the scale of 4.0 or its equivalent.
- For admission to the courses leading to the award of PhD degree, a candidate must have an M. Sc. Engg./M. Engg. or an equivalent degree in the relevant branch from any recognized University/Institution with a minimum CGPA of 2.75 in the scale of 4.00 or its equivalent and must fulfill the conditions described in above number 1 & 2.
- If a student in M. Sc. Engg./ M. Engg. Program of this University shows an excellent progress and promise in thesis work, he/she may be allowed to get admission into the PhD program, on recommendation of the supervisor(s), after the successful completion of their M. Sc. Engg./M. Engg. Degree. In such a case, the students are not required to sit for the admission test.
- Applications for admission to the above courses shall be invited through regular means of advertisement in a prescribed application form and will request to submit with related documents. The advertisement details will also found in the RUET website (www.ruet.ac.bd).
- The admission Committee will scrutinize the applications.
- The eligible applicants may be required to appear at a written and/or oral test conducted by the admission committee. The committee, on the basis of the admission test result, will approve a list of prospective postgraduate students for admission into the postgraduate program.
- Every selected candidate for the postgraduate program shall have to get himself/herself admitted/registered to the University within the prescribed time limit on payment of prescribed fees and other dues.
- Eligibility for the admission of foreign students in the aforementioned postgraduate programs shall be examined by the equivalence committee.
Minimum Credit Hour Requirements for the Degree
Minimum requirements of the theory and thesis/Project credit hours to be earned by a student for different degrees are as outlined in the following table:
M. Sc Engg
- The qualifying requirement of the postgraduate degree is that a student must earn a minimum CGPA of 2.65 for M. Sc. Engg/ M. Engg. and 2.75 for PhD.
- M. Sc. Engg.students must have a conference paper and should preferably have one publication in a referred Journal from his/her thesis work.
- PhD students must have at least three conference papers and should have at least two publications from his/her thesis work in a referred Journal.
Letter grade system will be applied in assessment of the performance of a student in semester examination. Numerical marking may be made in answer scripts but all final grading to be reported to the Head of the department in prescribed form, shall be in the letter grade as outlined below:
90% and above
80% to below 90%
70% to below 80%
60% to below 70%
50% to below 60%
Please Download The PG Ordinance and Syllabus:
- PG Ordinance
- PG Syllabus